- Writable tag size
- NDEF message size
- List of all individual NDEF records contained in the tag
- Parses business cards, Smart Poster, URI, text, SMS, telephony, mailto, LaunchApp, Android Application Record, WP8 Settings, NearSpeak and Nokia Accessories records
- Edit tags – opens the parsed message in the editor, enables changing its contents
- Clone tags – directly clones the NDEF message from one NFC tag to another tag
- File association with .nfc and .ndef files – opens the NDEF message directly in the tag composer. File contents automatically detected: complete NDEF message either as raw bytes or as hex string.
- App is automatically launched with “nfcinteractor:” protocol
- Recognizes app IDs of WP8 system + settings apps
- Automatically stores parsed URI or text to the clipboard. Manually copy complete message contents or hex string to clipboard
- View message as raw hex string
- Share NDEF messages per email
- Dynamic UI to create a message consisting of multiple NDEF records, and to add information to each record
- Windows Phone store search to easily launch any 3rd party app
- NDEF message size calculation
- Stores last composed tag
- Optional endless tag writing mode
- NDEF importer tool to load a complete NDEF message from a hex string into the composer
- Integrated help for each record type, including overview, writing instructions and platform support
Specialized editors for each message type
- Business Cards: import a contact from your address book or add all details you’d like to be included yourself. The contents are formatted according to the vCard standard and are therefore compatible to all other mobile devices.
- Social Network: enter the username and choose the network to create a link to follow you. Available social networks: Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Xing, vKontakte, Foursquare. Creates a URI or Smart Poster, depending on if you add an optional title.
- Geo: enter coordinates and select the Geo Tag type. Supports Geo URI (RFC 5870), Bing Maps URI scheme, Nokia Maps links and a generic redirection script that enables Geo tags on various platforms, hosted at nfcinteractor.com*. Creates a URI or Smart Poster, depending on if you add an optional title.
- Launch Windows Phone 8 Settings: Launch WP8 settings pages from a tag, e.g., to activate flight mode or Bluetooth. Note that actually changing system settings is not allowed by the security model of Windows Phone.
- Launch Windows Phone 8 System Apps: Directly launch all official Windows Phone system apps, including alarms and even Bing Maps – otherwise hidden on Nokia Lumia devices, which only show Nokia Maps in the menu but in fact have both maps apps installed!)
- LaunchApp (generic): Microsoft-defined format to directly launch an application by specifying its ID, optionally passing parameters. The ID of any Windows Phone-app can be automatically retrieved from the store by Nfc Interactor. Supported on Windows 8 and Windows Phone 8. In contrast to the Windows Phone Proximity APIs, Nfc Interactor can create an app that contains multiple records (LaunchApp + others), to enable multi-platform app launching scenarios.
- Android Application Record: directly launch an app on Google Android by specifying its package name. Supported on Android 4.0+.
- Nokia Accessories: parse the tags that are contained in various Nokia accessories, like the Nokia Wireless Charging Station.
- SMS: enter number and body to create a working SMS link, useful for example to request information services or for payment via SMS. Additionally, you can import the phone number from a contact in your address book. Creates a URI or Smart Poster, depending on if you add an optional title. Windows Phone doesn’t support SMS tags out of the box, but you can enable seamless support through the free NFCsms app.
- Mailto: send an email through an NFC tag, by defining recipient, subject and body text of the mail. It is also possible to import the email address from a contact of your address book.
- Telephone call: enter the phone number to call, and tapping the tag will immediatley bring up the phone dialer UI to allow the user to call the number. Additionally, you can import the phone number from a contact in your address book.
- NearSpeak: store voice messages on NFC tags, handled by the NearSpeak app.
- Smart Posters: has to contain at least a URI, optionally an unlimited amount of titles in different languages, a recommended action and information about the linked content (size and MIME type).
- URI: automatically shortens URIs according to the specification to save tag space (e.g., won’t save “http://www.”, but encode that in a single byte).
- Text: set text and language.
- Custom: Choose the type name format and optionally add a type name and payload. Also useful for application autostart tags.
- Send NDEF messages through the standardized SNEP (Simple NDEF Exchange Protocol) to other NFC devices, including for example Android 4.x+ phones.
Easily reusable code for developers
- NDEF record classes for: Smart Poster, Geo location, Social Networks (Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Xing, vKontakte, Foursquare, Skype), SMS, Telephone call, LaunchApp, Windows Phone 8 Settings, Android Application Record (AAR), Nokia Accessories, NearSpeak, Smart URI (depending on content requirements uses Smart Poster or URI to create the smallest possible message).
Released under an open source license at: https://ndef.codeplex.com/
Ideas for future updates
- Write vCalendar records
- Bluetooth pairing records
- Use current location for geo tags
* Disclaimer: The services hosted on nfcinteractor.com (e.g., the generic geo-tag redirection script) have no service or uptime guarantee. See the web services page for further details.